Thursday, October 22, 2009

Simple and Sooooooooooo Sweet

The last few days have been a treat to myself. One of the best 'meditations,' if you will, that was part of my own training was the treat. It always grounds me and centers me when the world seems to insist on pissing on my feet all the while deperately trying to convince me it is raining.

The "I" is left out of as much as possible. Such as "Putting on glasses, pulling on 'wear', taking meds, shaving, etc." you get the drift. It brings to quick awareness just how often "I" gets in the way of the simplicity, and beauty of the most "mundane" of activities. It also immediately poses the question, "Just WHO is this "I" doing such and so?" without the necessity of a crusty old Zen teacher posing it. What is meant here is that anything and everything is a koan. When is the last time you seriously thought "Just who is it that is wiping this ass?" or "writing this blog?"

This exercise brings reality, and the "isness" of all our acts to life, and speaks softly of the fact that this act, in this place, at this time is the place of enlightenment. It is the only thing that is real.

T

No comments: