Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Brief Enlightenment

I often used my Zen in working with the delinquents I served during their incarceration. There were some great moments, to wit:

Youth: "I am gonna kick his ass. I will fuck him up!"
Me: "Get a grip man. Your mom is coming to see you tomorrow. You don't want to be stuck with the group do you?"
Y: "What's that got to do with anything, man?  Ain't about shit!"
Me: "He's gone. You are right here, right now. That is what you gotta deal with."
Y; "He pissed me off!"
Me: "Why is a mouse when it spins?"
Y: "Huh?"
Me: "Why is a mouse when it spins?"
Y: "Man, that is some stupid shit!"
Me: "You got it!"
Y: "I do?"
Me: "Yep."
Y: That is some weird shit Mr. F. What time is my Mom coming tomorrow?"
Me: "Ten"
Y: "Cool. Just don't mention the spinning mouse shit when she comes to class, Ok?"
Me: "What mouse?"
Y: "Maaaaaaaaaaan...."

Life is made up of lttle victories

T

No comments: